It took a little while to get the stitch settled.. or was it me.. I don't think my first lay as they were
meant but by the last lot they didn't look too bad.
I have used a crochet cotton thread for the first seam and a silk floss for the second one
I has some Twilley's Lystwist rayon thread that is over 20 years old and that's a story I'll tell at the end of today's pics.
The greenery is Anchor perle
Sharon was right and the stitch curves beautifully.
Uh-Oh I need more practise on the line shape on the harp.
I have used a Ginnie Thompson flower thread and black fine wool.
This started out as a waterlily but I could see it was fast heading to be a chrysanthemum, so I let it have it's head. Pardon the pun.
Here I used a heavy knitting cotton for the first layer and a mercerized, medium weight crochet thread for the top one and more of the Anchor perle.
The Lystwist thread was in a drawer with many other threads, on cardboard reels and when I picked it up I found it had come undone and tangled beneath most of the others. What a mess. I gathered it all up and sat untangling them when my lovely DH saw me and said "You need spools for that lot" and immediately went and made me not one, but 4. Here they are. They stand about 3" high and are 2" wide.