crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Insect picture finished

My Insect picture is finished. I have fiddled with the background colour to make the stitches more visible. This has been a learning curve for me as I had to master the new camera and computer program to resize and highlight the pictures.

I am happy with my first attempt to prepare the painted material, but know I can improve next time. Some insects were redone as there was no real indication to size in the instructions.

The last 4 pics are unnamed. The dragonflies are obvious and the other two are a stick insect and two flower wasps.

Now to get it framed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Oh Maureen they are wonderful!!! I love all of them!!!

3:40 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

Wow! Maureen..they look so real.
beautiful work!
hugs

6:26 pm  
Blogger MaryO said...

Oh my, I love them, Maureen! You do such beautiful work.......
Love, MaryO

1:29 am  
Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

This is stunning piece of embroidery Maureen .... it will look amazing framed and what a cherished heirloom it will be! hugggsss

8:04 am  
Blogger Mandy said...

Maureen,
Your work is wonderful!

12:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |