crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Thursday, June 08, 2006


Yesterday I started on a project I've been promising myself to make for over a year. The first picture is the one in the Embroidery & Cross stitch mag. The next is the cloth that I have painted and started to sew the stems on. It looks darker than it really is and there is more unpainted area that wouldn't fit into the scanner. Some blue marker lines are showing. I couldn't manage the very large frame it was supposed to be attached to, so I have sectioned it with tacking and hope I can keep it flat. The stumpwork insects are what will take time to do and as I get them made, will blog them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

This is beautiful Maureen, can't wait to see this project come to life...stumpwork fascinates me.

Hugs

8:52 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

It's Gorgeous Maureen!
Look forward to seeing it finished.
Hugs

6:09 pm  
Blogger NormaH said...

Stunning work Maureen! I'm a butterfly freak so this really appeals to me. Love every bit of it!!!!!!

1:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |