crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006


I have managed a break between entertaining the g'kids and thought I'd better add some of the insects I've started. I have the yellow butterfly in stages here. I found it is easier to fill the wing before buttonholing the edge as it looks better. When I buttonholed first, it left the edge raised. I made a boo boo with the largest wing and covered the wire with yellow, so I went over it with black. It's a bit thicker than the underwing, but unless I hate it when I sew it onto the material, I will leave it as is. There are two flower wasp wings and a set of dragonfly wings also.

2 Comments:

Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

These will look gorgeous when done. What type of wire do you use Maureen?

9:00 pm  
Blogger katiejayinpa said...

There is nothing on this block that isn;t wonderful! The yellow rose tree......the iris under it....the little wee flower seam....and the meandering ribbon are too too much. I am so happy that you posted these! ktj

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |