crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Victorian Garden RR


This beautiful block was worked on by Sandie, Julia, Rosemary, Maxine and Margaret.
Julia dyed the lace basket and filled it with ribbon flowers. She worked the two nearby seams in the same colours. The topiary tree is also Julia's work.
Sandie added the corner SRE, corner piece with the honeysucker, winding rose trail and beautiful beaded cameo.
Margaret worked the lower left garden, a spider's web, glass butterfly, short seam with fine cord and french knots. Also the multi coloured rose and buds near by.
Maxine was next with her great rose spray, feather stitched vine, blue beading on the lace, tea-dyed lace motif and a tatted butterfly.
Rosemary was last to add her beautiful work and started with a shisha, the seam next to this, a fan, long beaded fairy trail and a little heart at the top of the silk picture and finally the pink/blue butterfly.
Thanks so much girls for all the wonderful and inspirational work you did for me. It is intended to be the centre of a quilt. A future project.

7 Comments:

Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

very beautiful Maureen, loved seeing the finished block and was wonderful being part of the RR.

8:01 am  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

Debby I wholeheartedly agree with you that it is a beautiful block. It measures 12" and there is a tatted butterfly on it. Maureen

2:13 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

What a lovely center it will be, too! Thank you for sharing what they did, and who did each thing. It's just beautiful.

3:02 pm  
Blogger May Britt said...

This is a beautiful CQ RR. Thank you for showing us. This gave me an idea for my angelblock.

8:56 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

very beautiful Maureen!, the finished block is gorgeous and it was wonderful being part of the RR.
Thank you for working on my block.
Hugs

9:47 am  
Blogger Marlublu said...

I found your blog through another and I want to say I am speechless with your beautiful work. Your pincushion is just stunning. I gave CQ a try many years ago. I was doing good with my stitches but was so slow at it I just gave it up. Maybe I'll take it up again.

12:29 am  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

Hi Esteemarlu, if the work of others and myself on my blog have encouraged you to take up your needle again, it is worth having it.

The No Rules of crazy quilting makes for a very relaxing craft.

Thank you for your kind comments, Maureen

6:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |