crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Tea Time Block from Ati

My Tea Time Treats Block arrived today, from Ati in The Nederlands.

Ati sent the recipe for a Dutch Apple Cake and it looked so good I made it for tea tonight. There is some left over for afternoon tea tomorrow. LOL
I might even freeze some. DH and I can assure you that it tastes good.
In case anyone would like to try it, here's the recipe

360g self-raising flour
180g sugar
210g butter
1 egg beaten
a pinch of salt
......
1 kilogram of apples
50g raisins
cinnamon - to suit
sugar - to suit
custard-powder
.......
Make a dough from the flour, sugar, butter and half the beaten egg
Make a bottom in the form( 10" tin) and a wall about 2" high
Keep some of the dough for the top latticing.
....
Peel and chop the apples, dress sugar, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon custard powder and the raisins in it. Mix well
Put the filling in the form
Make a pattern of strips from the rest of the dough. Brush the rest of the egg over the stripes of the dough.

Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes at 175 oC (approx 340 oF)

5 Comments:

Blogger NormaH said...

Maureen, it does look yummy!!!! And I do so enjoy apple based cakes, especially this time of the year. Snuggle up under a handmade quilt with a good book, a slice of cake and a hot cup of tea......

3:27 am  
Blogger Ati said...

Maureen the cake looks very good. I am happy you like it. You can freeze it as well and have allways something delicious for unexpected guests.
I have made it often for the sunday's when my children were still at home.

6:51 am  
Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

Delicious, I cannot wait to bake this myself. Too hot at the moment though .. can you send me some Maureen in the mail? LOL

5:27 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

Yummm!
will have to try this for my lady friends..

8:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This recipe looks wonderful, the photo looks yummy. Why wasn't I invited? Oh yeah, you didn't know me then...and I am half a globe away. Speaking of which, I have software that will convert the metric measurements for me, but what is custard-powder?

Dianna

5:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |