crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Friday, April 27, 2007

TAST Week 17 - Running Stitch

Such an easy stitch this week, but what to do with it. I have worked gold thread around the flowers and stems on part of my cream block. The flowers I whipped and the stems I left plain.








I knew I wanted to make a dragonfly. The wings are whipped running stitch, the thorax is several straight stitches, tapering down and then laced across with running stitches. The tail is made with 3 lengths or running stitch and whipped with a french knot at the end. The head is straight stitch,the eyes french knots in silver madeira metallic and running stitch in metallic for wing fill-in.






I wondered if I could do a lake scene in the running stitch. I decided to do the picture all in one go and I ended up bored when I was almost done, so I put in a few french knot trees on the other side of the lake and fly stitch bush on the foreshore.
I'll never put Van Gogh out of business.

12 Comments:

Blogger Ati said...

Maureen this is surprizing. I haven't even started yet, I didn't now what to do with a running stitch. But your dragonfly and "van Gogh" are só nice!!

12:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about that Maureen. Your little stitch piccies are just fabulous. I an green with envy.

7:06 am  
Blogger sharonb said...

I like the landscape too!

4:46 pm  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great work with the running stitch! I did especially enjoy the landscape.

5:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the lake landscape very soothing and relaxing (the trees brought it to life- must be the contrastof stitches) and the dragonfly is delicate and beautiful!

2:23 am  
Blogger Sandie said...

Maureen, your landscapes are always beautiful and this beats Van Gogh any day! LOL The dragonfly is excellent, thanks for the instructions for it ....

7:17 pm  
Blogger Margreet said...

Maureen,
This lake is so nice, beautifull!!
This water is nise and calm.
Margreet.

12:11 am  
Blogger Margreet said...

Maureen , your lake and other embroidery are fantastic!!
Margreet.

12:13 am  
Blogger Margreet said...

Maureen your embroidery is so nice.
But the lakes beats everything it is wonderfull!
Margreet.

12:18 am  
Blogger Margreet said...

The lake is beautifull Maureen.
And so are your other embroideries.
Margreet.

1:40 am  
Blogger Margreet said...

this is wonderfull, I can hear and smell the sea!
Margreet from Holland

2:22 am  
Blogger Margreet said...

this is wonderfull, I can hear and smell the sea.
Margreet from Holland.

2:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |