crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

EYE CANDY

This is my latest Gathering block from Bear in Sth Australia. Unable to make the Gathering she mailed it to me.
I wish you could hold it, to see her beautiful roses. All over the block there are various sorts of roses, large and small.
Is it any wonder I love this and all the rest of my blocks.


















I am sure that these Gathering Blocks that I received will entice you to look at them all. Each one is beautiful and I feel honoured to own them.
You should be able to double click on them for a close-up.

The first here is by Andrea from Tasmania, who sadly was unable to be with us at Easter. My colour preference was cream but not a 'must be cream' There were no restrictions for added colours.

The work by Andrea is so delicate and I love the WOW. (for those who may have forgotten, like me, white on white) There is such a lot of detail on this.


Julia made this next one, and she must know how I love garden flowers and hollyhocks. The seams are lovely. The roses and violets are gorgeous.

Lilac and purple are a favourite of mine














Bet you wouldn't pick this lovely block as having been made by a 'new to embroidery and cq" lady.
Our Texan friend Brenda made this for me and it's a classy and beautiful block.















My lovely lilac and sage block is by Maria, who loves seams. I like these too and the bouquet of flowers. There is a group of three silver leaves which is a charm I have not seen before.















My friend Vivienne made this beautiful block. with the silk print of daffodils and she replicated them in the bottom left corner. Not an onion in sight, only bulbs. Close up these daffs are small and the cups perfect.













Can you imagine anyone called Rowdy making this serene and charming block? So hard to believe isn't it. The delicate lilac flowers, the little heart around my initial and a tiny bouquet, the twisted organza ribbon couched down with wee flowers.

Perhaps it was a boisterous twin I met.

Love the work Catherine










Another absent friend. This time from the US.
Norma has dyed the angel and beautiful apricot fan. I forgot to ask if she crocheted it too. Her roses and seams are so pretty.















Sandie was our hostess for Easter and she made this beauty. Sadly my camera caught the lovely centre silk in a funny light and has made the picture seem faded. It is quite pretty, you will have to take my word for that. Such lovely soft pinks and creams













Margaret from Queensland is the maker of this last block here. Margaret also was absent from the group, but maybe next time our missing friends will be able to be with us.

There are so many types of stitches here and they all come together beautifully. It is easy to see why I love the cream as it shows off the work to the best advantage. Well I think so, others may not.
: - )

Believe me I could have raved about these blocks, but I thought I'd let you make up your own mind.

I am sure you have found much to inspire you as I have done.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sandie said...

I must have been too busy oogling my own blocks Maureen, as I don't remember seeing any of yours. lol Actually you were probably hiding them, so we didn't pinch them! They are all lovely, and it's so nice to see them and all the different stitches and creations. Are you going to make one quilt? I thought I'd make individual wall hangings, and have one up a month - like a calender. huggggs

9:03 pm  
Blogger Thelma said...

Very beautiful blocks. I know you are proud to receive them.

1:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not go away from your blog:)

4:55 am  
Blogger Julia said...

All the blocks are just beautiful!
The girls have done an amazing job of them.
Brenda, for a first time Cqer you have done really well!...I hope you are inspired to carry on to more beautiful CQ's..

10:20 am  
Blogger Bear said...

Hi Maureen
they are beautiful each and every one of them!- I cant believe how white on white or with pastels etc can come looking so exquisite- they are all so pretty!-I can see why you are so happy and hid them so no one would pinch them from you
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxxoxoxox

6:50 pm  
Blogger Ati said...

I am sure you must have been speechless ;)) when you got all those beauties on one day. They are sóóó lovely!

12:45 am  
Blogger Maggie R said...

These blocks are awesome!
I have just begun crazy quilting but I must say I think it will be a while until I can produce anything as beautiful as these. It was very inspirational and I so enjoyed seeing all these blocks.
Thank-you for sharing..

((((hugs))))
Maggie
in snow is melting and rain is falling in Southern Ontario Canada.

2:43 pm  
Anonymous srilu said...

nice blocks....

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |