crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

TAST Weeks14 Bonnet stitch and 15 Oyster stitch

The Bonnet Stitch came out strangely the first time, but I realized after that it had to be worked from right to left. Also I hadn't caught the thread at the bottom, so I ended with a detached and narrowing line. I tried a single version, a face to face in green/red and a back to back in green/violet.




This one I wanted to try to see how oversewing the stitch would look. It could be good in other colours as a sea bed.












Then I tried a square


















and a doodle of up and down stitches


















and of course, a tree. For the trunk I made wider bites and kept the height short..it's worked sideways.


















Week 15 was for Oyster Stitch. What a trial. It took ages to get it to look right, though I am not saying that I did it correctly. I went through several metres of threads before getting the stitches to stop unravelling.


I found the three detached 'buds' sat well in a fine doubled-wool thread and I turned them into a snail and a butterfly.

The roses were a terror to do in knitted, silky floss. No way would they stay unless I stitched them down somewhere. The chain stitch keep slipping upward. I tried several methods to keep them as the diagram showed, but no luck.
A bit of judicious green stitching and they look okay to me.


Lastly the flower and buds in A'broder and they sat as nicely as you could wish for. I hope next week's stitch is easy.. or do I? The challenge is just that and I sure have had to work at some of the stitches lately.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Sandie, I tagged you for the "Thinking Bloggers award but your addy came back as unknown. You can view info on my blog, www.gatherings100.blogspot.com.
Pat W

5:15 am  
Blogger Doreen G said...

Your work is amazing and I like how you experiment.
I know you had to put the extra stitch on the ribbon oyster flowers but they look great.

6:09 am  
Blogger Thelma said...

I think your stitches have turned out very nice. You are very creative.

1:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |