crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

TAST Feather Stitch

This week's stitch was fun to do. The first is face to face Single Feather stitch with side variations.

Wool and Edmar threads

















Again Single stitch versions, one whipped and beaded using Edmar threads.










Spanish Knotted Feather stitch. I had trouble keeping it straight as the material was soft. That's my excuse anyway. For my own satisfaction I did it properly the second time. I used wool for the first one and cotton for the other.



















Green Feather stitch and purple Closed Feather stitch-A.K.A Double Chain



















Double Feather stitch and Long-armed Feather stitch - A.K.A Slanting Cretan. This last was another I had bother with, until I realized I needed to take the tiniest 'bite' when catching downward.



















Single Feather stitch, Face to face and back to back. I found a piece of braid? and fancied couching it on the Face to face version. What do you think? Edmar Lola for these. I'm using my left over threads so some are a little 'worn'.








































Lavender in Feather and bullions
















Willow and two leaves which aren't too clear. Chain stitch trunk on the tree.
I used wool for the leaves and Edmar Frost for the tree.


















Lastly my wreath, using Edmar Frost and Maderia metallic threads

10 Comments:

Blogger Debra Dixon said...

The lavendar with buds is very attractive!

7:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love them all, but especially the tree. XXX Margaret

10:24 pm  
Blogger Ati said...

Maureen they are all super, you make a whole book. LOL

6:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maureen - wonderful!
Spanish Knotted Feather Stitch is a new one to me. Are the directions for it online somewhere?
Looks very interesting.
Gayle

12:08 pm  
Blogger Helen in the UK said...

What a great range of samples. Your wreath is my favourite :)

4:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitches!!

9:27 am  
Blogger NormaH said...

I love your different choices of threads and all the stitches are terrific. Couldn't pick a favorite.

7:58 am  
Blogger Thelma said...

You are very creative. All your stitches are wonderful. I would have never thought about making a tree out of the fly stitch. Your wreathe is beautiful.

12:39 pm  
Blogger Rose Anne B said...

Oh my oh my oh my you've been a stitching that is for sure! I love the one with the scene and insect mistake but I truly LOVE the Christmas wreath. It is beautiful!!! Keep up the lovely work and blogging it too! Thanks for sharing.

Rose Anne B.

5:53 am  
Blogger Marja. said...

what a beautiful work!!

7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |