crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Herringbone TAST and Self Portrait

I tried the herringbone with various threads in the first picture.
Chenille, beads, Edmar boucle, a funny thread with tiny pom pons is the closest I can describe it.
Rayon ribbon in two widths, silver cord and lastly, a tatting thread.









Edmar Lola is used for the twisted herringbone and Frost for greenery, with sequin flowers.






More Lola for the 2nd embroidery and the bullions are made with Minnimurra variegated thread.








Just trying some different stitches with the herringbone





and below is my self-portrait.







just me.






Boucle for the hair; the face is a millefiori by my youngest DD. All else is herringbone.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Those stitches are so pretty! Okay, "heringbone".... I need to tray that, too!

5:30 pm  
Blogger Iris said...

You are too funny Maureen! I love your self-portrait...but it doesn't look anything like you. It was so nice to see the picture of you and Julia on her blog.

Your herringbone stitching is so inventive. I really need to be practicing too.

Hugs
Iris Susan

9:57 pm  
Blogger Gerry said...

Your stitching is just beautiful. Such a talent you have, awe. I really like the face, too :-)

12:46 am  
Blogger Wilma said...

Your Herringbone stitches look great, especially with all the different threads and I love your selfportrait.....LOL

2:34 am  
Blogger Ati said...

You are such a humorous person, I can see it on the "face" ;-))
Your stitching is beautiful as always.

2:52 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Too cute Maureen, love the face.
Great stitching, with different threads..

6:10 pm  
Blogger Charlene ♥ NC said...

Love your creative stitching, Maureen. The colors in the flowers you did with Lola are outstanding, as are the stitches!

11:30 pm  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

It is very encouraging to have such nice comments about my stitches. Thank you.

11:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |