crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

TAST Cretan Stitch


The wheel has whipped stem stitch rings and detached Cretan Stitches to link the outer rings. I thought with a few feathers it could be a Dreamcatcher












I experimented with different threads and spacings












The fern has narrow, closely placed stitches















The top row is in a knotty thread and because it is an experiment I've left it in. It looks daggy and not at all even. The designs are from Dorothy Bond's embroidery book



















The Green Cretan stitch with leaves only, looked good but I finished Dorothy's pattern with the flowers and added beads.


9 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Love the flower border in blue and pink it is so spring and the fern is great...I love plants, and am ready for spring. grin. I agree your circle motif does look like a dreamcatcher. Good work.

2:50 am  
Blogger Julia said...

The fern looks quite real,great Maureen, and the last row is pretty.

9:23 am  
Blogger Susan said...

I love all your experiments. You really explored this stitch! The fern looks really good, and I love the "dreamcatcher" piece. So, will we see it with the feathers? =) I also liked the last one, with and without the flowers. You spent a lot of time on these!

9:40 am  
Blogger Gerry said...

The first photo looks like my poor tired old eyes feel. LOL. Nice job!

1:25 am  
Blogger Grangry said...

You really put some time and effort into this. Thank you for all these variations.

7:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely stitch varietes Maureen! Especially the last ones with the pastel flower buds. Really beautiful!

hugs
Ingeborg
gorgeouscrafts.com

1:24 am  
Blogger Anita said...

Wow, your cretan stitch is so lovely! It's the latest stitch I learnt and I used it twice so far for my litte hearts (have a look at my blog). But when I see your photos I must admit that my skills still need lots of improvings!

8:15 am  
Blogger Wilma said...

Love your dreamcatcher! And the green Cretan Stitch with leaves.
You really did a lot of work on this stitch!

10:06 pm  
Blogger Terri Lee Takacs said...

I really love this one!

3:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |