crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

TAST Cretan Stitch

Ihave spent two days on these miserable leaves. I have included a page from Mildred Graves Ryan's embroidery book with instructions on how do do this stitch. If anyone knows how to do these raised centre leaves and can teach me, I will be over the moon. My pics are poor, but I assure you they are as flat as Granny's chest.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

The leaves are nice and do look like alot of work, looks like weaving. They have a nice shape.

2:46 am  
Blogger Susan said...

They look good flat, but if you want them raised, what about doing them over a leaf-shaped bit of felt?

9:42 am  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

Susan I will use this 'flat' method as the leaf looks full and even, but I would love to be able to do the centre raised part, it is quite different to a padded leaf.

9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |