crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

TAST Detached Chain

I am enjoying the single stitches in TAST. It is good to try extensions of a stitch. I wondered if I could claim the wateringcan handle as an open detached chain.


















The top line has a different filler in each Vee.

The silver/green design is in my Mildred Graves Ryan book of stitching and called Tete-de-boeuf, being a combination of detached chain and straight stitches. I can't add one of the accent marks for the word Tete.LOL

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your samplers are just wonderful. I wish I was as creative!!! I love your garden/watercan/umbrella scene....and your stitching looks so delicate.

Carol

11:12 am  
Blogger *I*Will*Rejoice!* said...

beautiful! I love seeing what others do with the stitches!

3:40 pm  
Blogger Ati said...

so lovely, I like the umbrella!

9:20 pm  
Blogger Virgi said...

Great imagination!
I love the umbrella!
:)

11:01 am  
Blogger Doreen G said...

Your stitching is beautiful

11:14 am  
Blogger Dy said...

I like your use of the stitch for raindrops, and also the white tips of an ocean wave. Great idea and it looks really good.

3:04 pm  
Blogger neki desu said...

i like the way you used the stitch.ditto for the buttonhole the rosettes and the bell flowers are great.

neki desu

8:49 pm  
Blogger Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Your garden-sampler is very beautiful and a great idea to use chain stitch.

hugs
Anja

9:43 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

I love the parasol,
Great imagination!

12:59 pm  
Blogger Misa said...

These are wonderful! I love, love, LOVE the umbrella!

9:12 pm  
Blogger bibliotecaria said...

That's marvelous! I really appreciate seeing what other people can do with a stitch, especially when it's one that didn't particularly inspire me.

3:46 am  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

Thank you all for your comments.

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |