crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

TAST Fly Stitch

Last night I started to work on this week's challenge, a little after 9pm and as I wasn't tired, kept working until I finished the whole piece, at 3.05am. LOL I didn't even sleep-in this morning.


There are four pictures, the last being the whole view.













I once saw work done entirely with one only stitch. These works were in the UK mag, Stitch with the Embroiderer's Guild. Ever since then I have wanted to try, but never made time. Sharon's TAST was the perfect reason to start.



















I forgot to add some brown beads to represent the conifer cones. Some flowers are perfect for fly-stitch.
I certainly need more practise with my rocks in the garden part.



















The background material was a left-over mistake from my Insect Project and was very handy for this one.

There are only 3 stitches not Fly stitch and they are at the top of each cerise flower stem.

For closer detail, click on the picture.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely work.

8:24 pm  
Blogger Ati said...

Maureen it is amazing that you have made it with one stitch. I never had an idea that it should work. Well done. So inspiering.

3:03 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Great work with the fly stitch.
You have a goreous scene with the humble fly stitch...

9:43 am  
Blogger Wilma said...

Maureen, what a lovely landscape did you make, and that only with 1 stitch, think it's amazing! Did you paint the background fabric before you started stitching?

12:52 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

Your TAST's are beautiful! I love your picture

1:15 am  
Blogger NormaH said...

Maureen, such gorgeous trees with the Fly Stitch........... unbelievable!

7:56 am  
Blogger Bear said...

Beautiful Maureen-= I must join in the TAST stitchingclass- when though- time is in short supply - oh dear but this is perfection!
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxoxox

11:15 pm  
Blogger AISHA HAROON said...

lovely trees ............. wow !!!

6:43 am  
Blogger AISHA HAROON said...

lovely trees ............. wow !!!

6:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |