crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Chain of Hearts Tote Bag

Yesterday I completed my first UFO for 2007. Well it's really the 2nd but that's another story.

The orange heart was made by Kathleen and has a beautiful orange silk ribbon sunflower.
Below that is a heart by Karen and unfortunately the light was not kind and the beautiful work is not showing up. Take my word for it, it is lovely.
Both these girls are from the USA.









The other side has a blue heart made by Margreet from The
Nederlands and is a classic folded,quilted one with the finest
hand made lace.

Below this is another beautiful heart made by Hideko from Japan. The red roses of Cairo are so lovely, as is the rest of the work.

The bag is a simple one with tied handle.

Later in the year I hope to use more hearts in a quilt. Can I call it a UFO if I haven't even started it yet? It was going to be started last year. LOL

6 Comments:

Blogger Bear said...

9ooh ooh can I have this as well- ggggggggg I lofe ya pattern BUT the your use of the hearts in the tota and on the plain white background has reallly brought out the absoluterly beautiful handworked hearts - Lovely Maureen lovely- has given me some ideas as well- thank you
loves n hugs ya bear xoxoxoxoxoxox

11:12 pm  
Blogger Thelma said...

Very lovely Maureen, what a great way to display your hearts.

11:20 pm  
Blogger Hideko Ishida said...

Hi Maureen, I love your idea very much. Very happy to see my heart is shown to people like this. Thank you very much. Hideko

11:37 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

Great idea to put the hearts on a tote.
It will be very much admired like this..beautiful hearts

9:20 am  
Blogger Faye said...

What a great way to use your collection of hearts; to show them off this way is great.
cheers - Faye

7:23 am  
Blogger Terri Lee Takacs said...

Very cool looking bag! I love the strap's! Happy Spring! Terri http://lavenderbetweenthecracks.blogspot.com/

3:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |