crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

TAST Cross Stitch week 8

Off to a flying start this week. The mauve star is a simple one.

















Top line here is Cross sitch.
Next line has two variations of Double Cross stitch Aka Smyrna. The 3rd is just my fiddling.
Next line has Cross stitch Reversed and I did a further cross in gold on the upright crosses.
Below this on the left is Two-sided Italian, which is boxed as you go. Lastly is Ermine cross stitch.













A Cross-stitch flower in yellow. For anyone who does not know this stitch, I have made an open version in three colours, to show how it's woven.
The red is laid down first, then the green and lastly the yellow, but all ends are to be placed in one end hole - the red hole..

These make nice stars too.











I tried this back to back cross in chenille and liked it so much I left it plain. The velvet look is lovely, I think.
Then I did it in the red cotton, with variations of crosses.















Cross stitch with straight stitch and detached chain.










I came across this completed work and thought I'd put it in too. I made it some years ago with DMC threads, using two strands and to get the night sky, I varied the rows with two mixed strands.















Last for the week is my fish. Made in various metallic threads. He looks much better if you click on him. Thank you for looking at my blog
:-))

7 Comments:

Blogger Bear said...

Dearest Maureen
my my but ya has been a busy lady!! I love all the stitch combos and I also adore your church in the night sky- but I really love and think to myself I wish I had the pattern for the wonderful fish- Mayureen I didnt think it possiible for your stitching to get better but heck girl it is- you are doing more and more beautiful work as you grow- and thank you to our Catherine for making you join in in CQing- it was the best thing that Catherine has ever done darling-= I wanna hae the fish polease pretty polease ggggggggg you will need to read my blog to find out how persistant I can be in getting wot I want darling lady
love n hugs ya bear xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

11:09 pm  
Blogger Thelma said...

Love your fish. It is so adorable.

11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All your work is 1st class Maureen. Where do you get all your ideas ?????????? PLease tell. XXX Margaret

8:09 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Love the fish Maureen,
Very clever of you to think to do it like that..

9:18 am  
Blogger Faye said...

What a unique way of designing a fish, and the use of metallic threads just adds the finishing touch. Lovely!!!
cheers - Faye

7:30 am  
Blogger Rose Anne B said...

OMGG Maureen that fish is just beautiful!!! I can see it with some ferny fronds and shells on a CoH - do you mind if I use it?

Rose Anne B

5:50 am  
Blogger Vivian said...

your design and colours show a lively fish!

4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |