crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Friday, March 30, 2007

TAST Knotted Cretan

I almost gave up on this stitch, before I started. I haven't posted my first efforts as I couldn't embarrass myself. : - (

This stitch is worse than my pet hate..the Long and Short stitch.

My colourful effort is not good either and I can't say whether many, or even any, are correctly knotted. I found I could manage the top sections but not the lower.

After many tries I found I was holding the thread wrongly and was trying to knot around the wrong bit.


The pink one is definitely not correct. No real Cretan stitch and just sort of tied. Grrr... I persevered.....after all TAST is about learning how to do the stitches.

The green is better and I think I am getting the hang of it.





Yes, the work is more even and the knots look right now. I have even turned the end bit.





This looks okay too.






Oh YES! After drawing two circles and having a guide I really got going and with great excitement and enthusiasm, kept going until the thread ran out.


















Lastly I tried to curve the work and I was okay until the end bit. Looks like I need to work on those bends.

I take back my words about this stitch, Long/short is definitely worse for me. This one, once nutted out is lovely to do.

Thanks again Sharon for the stretching excercise.

6 Comments:

Blogger Renea said...

My dear stitcher....yours resembles the Cretan stitch! I am glad you posted ALL of your attempts at this. It shows the progress of the learning curve.

I love the colorful circle. Perfection at its best.

Check out mine, it is really the Knotted Fly stitch.

1:29 am  
Blogger Ati said...

Oh wow, you did a great job! Much better than I did. I didn't like this stitch, but maybe I didn't try it hard enough? :))

3:04 am  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great work with the Cretan. It is a treat to go through the rest of your blog, too.

4:38 am  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

Thank you girls for your kind comments and to Elizabeth for giving me a buzz to start the day.

4:51 am  
Blogger annetteb said...

I had exactly the same problems as you. I laughed while I was reading your step by step descriptions as it was the same as I went through. Couldn't work out that bottom knot, no way would it go where I wanted it to. Good on you for persevering. I kinda gave up and let it do what it wanted to. Annetteb

9:00 am  
Blogger Doreen G said...

I love the variegated circle.

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |