crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

TAST Barred Chain week 10



This week's stitch was a challenge that almost ended in the bin before I had done the first stitch.
I couldn't see how/where the bar was made. A brilliant idea had me looking in Sharon's marvellous Stitch Dictionary and found the stitch there. It's one I have never seen before. My first effort was to lay various thicknesses of threads like a tartan- of sorts. I found that if I worked from left to right I could see the bars, but when I reversed this the bars were covered and lost.






The stitch was good for petals, especially the top turn.

I wondered how the half circle would look in a diamond shape. It's below.










You can see that I have made a Puurfect diamond shape. If you can't then you may need to cross your eyes. Should that fail try squinting.

4 Comments:

Blogger neki desu said...

love the diamond.
i didn't get the stitch down no matter how much i tried so reinvented it.
Congratulations

neki desu

2:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the diamond is a great idea! And very well done!

3:36 am  
Blogger NormaH said...

Maureen, you are so creative with this stitch. I really enjoyed learning this one.

3:48 pm  
Blogger Elizabeth Braun said...

Some interesting stitches there! I didn't join the challenge as I'd never manage to keep up with it!!

Oh, just a thought that might help (if you're bothered, of course): When you've uploaded your photos, for some reason, Blogger adds in all manner of spaces, which you can then delete and remove all the parge gaps between parts of the post. If you like it like that though, just ignore this bit!!!

I had a finish recently, YIPPEE!

8:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |