crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

TAST - Whipped and Woven Wheel

I made two woven wheels, the small centre one on the left and the larger one below that.
The whipped ones are the top left and the big one.
With the biggest I first made a base and then whipped a bead and attached it on top of the base.

For the seam I buttonholed a fan frame and whipped the edge. Then I whipped the centre part, but with the middle I caught the fabric with a tiny bite below each spoke to hold it in place.





I whipped the centre of the rose, which made it look like stamens. Sorry they aren't seen clearly here. Then I wove the outer petals.









For once I am very pleased with my stitches, especially my beetle. A very easy bug to make.
I was inspired by Jane Nicholas Beetle Book

11 Comments:

Blogger Gerry said...

HA! I love the beetle. the legs are soooo realistic.

1:23 am  
Blogger Margaret said...

Your beetle is delightful and the colour is so nice. That book really is inspiring.

5:54 am  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love your samples, especially that beetle. He is just great!

9:37 am  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

I am so glad you liked the beetle girls. I used a single Rajmahal thread that I overdyed in green/orange on brown.
:-) I dyed the skein not one at a time.LOL

11:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not like bugs, but this one is so well done! And I love your big wheel!

1:02 pm  
Blogger Sandie said...

Hi Maureen, I tried your woven stitch out on a basket on my latest block and it worked wonderfully. Your bug is so real looking, I could almost picture it scooting across the floor! The rose and the woven wheels are beautiful!

2:49 pm  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

I thought my big wheel looked a bit like a 12 legged octopus.LOL

3:30 pm  
Blogger sharonb said...

When I saw the beetle I knew you would be getting a lot of comments about it and sure enough when I clicked on the comment there they were - I just want to add my 'its a great beetle ' message

3:33 pm  
Blogger Ati said...

Maureen It is amazing what you did with this stitch !! Love all three examples.

12:08 am  
Blogger Rose Anne B said...

Your rose and beetle are just BEAUTIFUL my dear!!!

2:17 pm  
Blogger Leelagovind said...

your beetle is very realistic in its features and colors..really iam a fan of you for the past several years..your works and ideas are great!
thank you for stepping in my blog..

1:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |