crazyQstitcher

A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Friday, May 11, 2007

TAST Week 19 Basque Stitch

It took a little while to get the stitch settled.. or was it me.. I don't think my first lay as they were meant but by the last lot they didn't look too bad.



I have used a crochet cotton thread for the first seam and a silk floss for the second one











I has some Twilley's Lystwist rayon thread that is over 20 years old and that's a story I'll tell at the end of today's pics.

The greenery is Anchor perle














Sharon was right and the stitch curves beautifully.
Uh-Oh I need more practise on the line shape on the harp.

I have used a Ginnie Thompson flower thread and black fine wool.














This started out as a waterlily but I could see it was fast heading to be a chrysanthemum, so I let it have it's head. Pardon the pun.

Here I used a heavy knitting cotton for the first layer and a mercerized, medium weight crochet thread for the top one and more of the Anchor perle.















The Lystwist thread was in a drawer with many other threads, on cardboard reels and when I picked it up I found it had come undone and tangled beneath most of the others. What a mess. I gathered it all up and sat untangling them when my lovely DH saw me and said "You need spools for that lot" and immediately went and made me not one, but 4. Here they are. They stand about 3" high and are 2" wide.



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graeme spoils you Maureen, isn't he so clever! Those spools will come in handy for so many things, better be careful - us daughters might put in an order too! LOL :-) Your stitching is beautiful as always and I especially love the chrysanthemum. Mothers Day Sunday, the flower wanted to celebrate it with you and thus had a mind of it's own. hugs

3:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful stitchery I especially love the crysanth. And those reels are good tooPat on the back for your DH.........Margaret

6:54 pm  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

I hadn't given Mother's Day a thought Sandie. Perhaps it Was meant to be.

Happy Mother's Day to all.

10:33 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

The chrysanthemum looks great Maureen...I haven't tried this stitch yet,
Tell Graeme, great idea and he did a great job with the spools...you lucky girl!...so I wonder how many you will need!

12:46 pm  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

I need lots more Julia, annnd I think I will get some. Grin....

5:22 pm  
Blogger Gerry said...

The harp is wonderful. And how lucky you are to have a hubby who takes such an interest.

11:06 pm  
Blogger Rose Anne B said...

Ohhh Maureen I LOVE your stitching whether stand alone in practice pieces or in your projects - just lovely! AND those spools are just great!

BTW yes I did feel like a kid with Byran but I paid the price and still am sort of but he saw his pictures today and just smiled!

2:15 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your stitching is absolutely exquisite. I love the wooden spools, too!

11:38 am  
Blogger murgelchen said...

Your embroidery is wonderful.

Greeting from cold Germany,
Helga

1:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |