A place to share with others - my love of needlework and Crazy Quilting which my daughter introduced me into some time ago.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Query for pincushion size

Hi Rose Anne, I hope you revisit as you left no addie and I can't reply to you. The size of the pincushions is 4" square. Maureen

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pincushion Swap

Yesterday I remade my pincushions for a swap, as the first lot were 'useable' as opposed to CQ ones. Today I finished them and here they are. I tried out Bear's two-ribbon rose on the 3rd one.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Maureen!!!!

I've been waiting patiently for this day to come. LOL Being a 'partner' in a blog isn't such a bad thing after all, can sneak in and wish them a "Happy Birthday" without them even knowing you will do such.

Singing in my sweetest voice

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to Maureen

Happy Birthday to you

May your day be filled with much happiness, love and laughter...

Hugs and loves


Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Silk Teabag Flower

In search of metal teaballs to make a beaded Christmas decoration and having no luck, I contacted our tea manufacturers. The Rep, thinking to save me the search for something he'd not heard of, offered to send me the Silk teabag samples to use instead. I hadn't explained to him why I wanted the metal ball at that stage.
These cute bags brought out the desire to make something from them and today I made my teabag flower. I have a few more ideas for flowers and will try them out tomorrow. In the meantime here is my first effort.

Not knowing how fray-able the material was, I used fusible webbing then ironed it to the red material. I then couched gold thread around the petals and whipped this. I cut the corners from the bags and finely tacked very close to the edge over 5 petals to make into an inner circle of leaves (no fusible webbing used for these) and drew up the thread. Horrors, the entire thread and knot sailed through these petals BUT no damage was done - no fraying, so this is tough stuff.
The material left a memory of the holes so I rethreaded them and beaded the centre. I am really pleased with the finished flower.

Silk Teabag Flower

Here is my first attempt at making a flower from the silk tea bag. Here is how it started out.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Insect picture finished

My Insect picture is finished. I have fiddled with the background colour to make the stitches more visible. This has been a learning curve for me as I had to master the new camera and computer program to resize and highlight the pictures.

I am happy with my first attempt to prepare the painted material, but know I can improve next time. Some insects were redone as there was no real indication to size in the instructions.

The last 4 pics are unnamed. The dragonflies are obvious and the other two are a stick insect and two flower wasps.

Now to get it framed.

Australian Lurcher butterfly

Common Egg butterfly cricket, and stink beetle

butterfly, ladybird, and spider flower chafer beetle on leaf

praying mantis hornet

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I thought it time I shared my lovely Xmas Room with you. The beautiful work was done by Viv, Mary, Margaret and Anne in a recent Solvy RR.

I have been slack with my insect project, having mislaid my threads, but I should have it completed within the week.

Next Take a Stitch Tuesday Challenge

Join | List | Previous |